Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Beginnings

So, here it is...my first blog posting! My immediate reaction is to delete my blog before it's even started because of many reasons -- most important being, that until a few months ago I didn't REALLY understand the point of one? However, just a few short weeks ago, I began spending HOURS of my life looking at blogs for one main purpose, THERAPY IDEAS. I realized that reading other SLP's blogs made me feel SO much better because I realized that no SLP is perfect, everyone has both good and bad days, and that there are a lot of very creative people out there with great ideas.


I'm not saying that this will be the most ingenious SLP blog to grace the internet, but I do think that it is comforting as a graduate student to hear from a friend that they're going through the same thing as you. Graduate school is a unique experience; it's your chance to learn, screw up, grow as a speech pathologist (**or insert your field here**) and person. This blog gives me the chance to share some of the resources that I've spent hours going through, my wonderful supervisor has shown me or (if I'm having a really great day) perhaps materials I have made myself. I'm also not saying this will be purely 100% related to school/therapy; I'm giving myself the free reign to add whatever I want, if I'm in the mood :) 


Feel free to share anything you have found or if you are going through the same growing pains. Here's to learning and one last year of graduate school. I've got my eye on you, December 2012...


..after all, I am going to be an SLP sooner or later.

lauren font. BY LAUREN(:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're starting a blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaaa YES!! I'm SO excited you started this! Clever little title missy! Looking forward to following you through this journey ;) Oh and lets hear more about this "wonderful supervisor" ...just kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete