Sunday, June 3, 2012

Just enjoy.

My, oh my, friends. It has been a whirlwind of a month!! In the course of a month, I have both finished my 3rd semester of grad school and started my 4th, watched my boyfriend fiance graduate, and...oh yeah, GOT ENGAGED!

To say that it's been crazy/fast would be an understatement as it has been full of multiple trips (to San Antonio, Austin, and Cancun) along with phone calls, emails, and messages from all of you. If I haven't appropriately communicated my thanks, then THANK YOU!! You all have been so wonderful and supportive. I can't get over how lucky I am to have such fabulous people in my life.

The moral of this blog post is to enjoy the moment. A friend told me to enjoy each stage of your life including before, during and after the engagement and I couldn't agree more. I'm currently having a blast already starting to plan the wedding, but also in my fourth semester. I really miss the adorable kids at Parkway Elementary, but I'm already falling in love with some of the geriatric patients at Presbyterian Village North. It's a total change of PACE, but one where I think I will continue to learn a lot. My new supervisor has stressed that now is the time to make mistakes. Oh boy, she better get ready because I have a feeling I will have PLENTY of those. I think that you deserve a mino in acting with your speech pathology degree because there are more times than I would like when the motto "fake it 'til you make it" pops into my head.

If I thought this month was crazy, just get ready for the YEAR! Finish up grad school, take all my big SLP tests, graduate, find a job, get married.... yeah, I'll go back to enjoying the moment now and tackle all of that later :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you're really good about enjoying the moment. :-) I can't wait to hear about your Cancun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award because I just love it so much. You can check out my post about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete