Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big Empty Hole!

Well, this day felt like it would never, EVER come....but it did. It came and went faster than I could have ever expected in a million years. Comps, Praxis- they are ALL DONE!!

When I walked up my apartment stairs after being done with Praxis, I felt weird. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. Then I looked around with this pang of guilt...my brain was telling me "YOU NEED TO STUDY....what are you doing??? Open a book!! You don't wanna fail, do you?" because that is what I would tell myself anytime I wasn't studying. Now, I have nothing to do. There is a big, empty hole.

Except not really-- there is still LOTS to do, plus I love not having to study like a psychopath anymore. I hope that all my tests went well enough that I don't really have to study ever again. The thought of sitting down for 6-8 hours and studying makes me feel like throwing up all over that very ugly, yellow Praxis book.

So now what? Time to get going on refining that resume/cover letter, looking for jobs, and start being a BRIDE again. Hello wedding planning? I forgot all about you (well, kind of).

I can't wait to catch up with you all. I feel like I have just been the worst, most self-absorbed person with all these tests. Can't wait to get back to what I love -- all my beautiful friends, family, and LIFE! 

Thanks for all the sweet texts, FB messages, and phone calls. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I have the best friends and family EVER.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're finished! Yay! Ugh. I also just remembered that I didn't call you on Sunday. Sorry for being a bad friend!

    ReplyDelete