Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SOONER is here.

Well everyone, it is legitimately OFFICIAL.

I. have. a. JOB...like a real job...like one where I will be doing speech pathology.

I will be the newest speech pathologist at a continuing care retirement community that encompasses everything from independent/assisted living, short stay-rehab services, skilled nursing and long-term care.

For those of you unfamiliar with what any of that means, it means I will essentially be working in a "nursing home/community" with geriatrics (my most beloved population). I am also lucky enough to have gotten a job where I had my summer internship, so I already know how much I will love working there.

When asked why I loved to work with geriatrics, I couldn't resist in all my interviews to mention that my first job was actually at a nursing home as a waitress. Funny where life takes you :) I can't wait for my days to include the cutely dressed (nothing tugs at my heart strings like an older man in suspenders), appreciative, overly-perfumed/hairsprayed, loving Grandmas/Grandpas that will need a little extra help remaining independent and making their "golden years" comfortable.

I also couldn't be more thrilled for my close grad-school girlfriends who also got fabulous jobs this past week! Couldn't have survived this process without them.

Now it's time to wait for my license to be approved and start my clinical fellowship year (CFY-- a fancy way of saying "a paid internship during which you learn all the things you couldn't learn while you were in school", such as documenting/billing/etc).

Then, sooner or later, I will officially be Lauren Hultman, M.S. CCC-SLP!!


2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! Congrats!! You will be blessing so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting!!!!! We need to do lunch soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete