Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Savy Sponsoring: Meet Kayla

When I started blogging, I didn't realize how interactive the blogging community can be. That is, until I met Kayla. I loved her blog, her positive attitude, and how relatable she is. She TRULY inspired me to grow my blog and made me feel like I had something worth reading :)

Because of that, she is the first person I have ever reached out to sponsor. I'm SO glad I did. I'm her "Red Rose Sponsor" of the month and I highly suggest if you are looking for someone to sponsor, to talk to Kayla. She is so thoughtful and encouraging! Go check out Forever Newly Wedded!

We decided to get to know each other better with 5 questions. Here were my questions to Kayla and her responses- enjoy!




1. What's one thing none of your readers know about you? 

This is tough because I feel like I'm an open book and my readers should know everything about me!  Ha! But really, here is one thing.  I absolutely despise getting ready in the morning.  Some people think it's "relaxing" or it's taking "me time"... No.  I hate having to get up, shower, shave my legs, comb out my hair, dry it, style it, put makeup on, get dressed..  It's just too time consuming.  I'd rather, sleep in... and ... I don't know... have a cool little machine that just does everything for me under 60 seconds.  I'd be first in line to buy that little invention.

2. In honor of summer being around the corner, what has been your favorite vacation ever? 

My honeymoon!  Mostly because I've never been to Disney & if I had, I'd probably say, Disney.  Haha.  No, but really, my honeymoon was the best.  It was romantic, and relaxing... and... uhhh can I just go back to that week?  Puhhh-leaaase??

3. What was your favorite part of your wedding? 

Definitely the moment after we were "wed" and we had to hurry into the church basement to escape the guests who all wanted to see us and visit.  We wanted to save that for the reception.  So, the whole wedding party came with us and we hid in the basement.  It was so funny.  All of us in such a small space, and not one of us could stop smiling. It was such a surreal moment, and one I'll never forget.  

4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live & why?

Maine.  I just love it there.  Parts of Maine are so peaceful and quiet.  But, I've never really been out of the Northeast of the US, so there are probably dozens of other places I'd love and just haven't been to.  I think I'd like Texas! =)

5. What's the biggest advice you would give to a newlywed?

To not make a timeline of things you want to accomplish.  Once the ring goes on, I feel like a lot of women start making a timeline of when they are going to have a house, have kids, do this, do that.  I say... let life just unfold naturally.  Don't push things.  Don't rush.  Before you know it, years will have gone by and you'll look back and think... "If I had only enjoyed those years more, instead of spending my time planning out all the years ahead".  It all goes by too darn fast.




P.S- In response, to Kayla's answer to #4., COME ON DOWN TO TEXAS GIRL ;)

 photo signature_zpsd45a0dec.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love Karla! She's amazing and funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these questions and answers! I'm your newest follower from Karla's blog and I'm excited to learn more about you!

    Sooooo amazing that you love being a speech pathologist. My grandfather is in a nursing home and people like you truly make a big difference! Kudos! :)

    xoxo,
    Brianna

    brileigh12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete