Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Groom's 1st Look


When I think of my wedding day, one of the first things I immediately think of is seeing Dustin for the first time. I often wonder what his reaction will be....

...will he cry?
...will he smile & cry?
...will he be completely overcome with emotion...or...
...be so nervous to have all eyes on him that he will freeze like a deer in headlights?

I tease him and tell him, "YOU BETTER GET TEARY OR I'M STOMPING ON YOUR TOES."

In all sincerity, whatever his reaction will be, I know I will never forget the first time he saw his bride-to-be on her way down the aisle to him. This is one of the reasons that FOR US (everyone has their own personal opinion/best decision for their big day) that we will not do "first look pictures." I know this has become a huge trend (and I realize it's a huge time-saver for after the ceremony with pictures), but there is just something so enchanting about the first time seeing each other is during the ceremony.

If you want to see some pretty adorable groom 1st-looks, check out this. I died from the cuteness.
As Jane says in 27 Dresses, "You know how the bride makes her entrance and everybody turns to look at her? That's when I look at the groom. Cause his face says it all you know? The pure love there." 


 photo signature_zpsd45a0dec.jpg

8 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love your pics! We opted not to do the first look for those exact reasons! It was the whole build up of getting to see eachother for the first time in front of all our families and friends. Made it super special!! We did do a picture together before the ceremony. We had a door between us so we couldn't see eachother, it was so weird not being able to see him, but holding his hand before we got married calmed ALL my nerves so much!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree :) Its one of the most awesome feelings!!! You pics are sooo adorable! You guys are so stinkin cute!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. Weddings make my heart so happy. These pictures are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a photographer, I totally agree with you! Make sure you tell your wedding photographer that you MUST HAVE his expression captured! Can't wait to see your wedding pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, what girl?! how have we never met in blog world before?! Sooner fans?? We graduated from OU a year ago!

    Honestly, I don't even remember that moment very well...we had a long aisle. But I had a hard time choosing to do the first look instead...but it worked well for us so I'm glad we did. But I agree, that moment I think is super special. (wish I could remember mine best)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore this. Your blog is precious. Found you through Marquis's giveaway & glad I did! Now following along via GFC :)

    Lauren @ Simply Free

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Lauren. I am so glad that I am not the ONLY ONE not doing a first look. I am not even that big on tradition. I just do NOT want to do that because I have dreamed all of my life about walking down the aisle and seeing him for that first time there. I just couldn't even imagine not doing it the way I've always dreamed, JUST to get a couple cool picture. No. Not worth it to me. I need that rush of emotion. I need that connectnedness... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I linked this post and mentioned in a post I wrote today about First looks. So please feel free to see: http://www.buttergirldiaries.com/2013/05/tradition-vs-trend-first-look.html?spref=fb

    Thanks! Keep up the great wedding posts! :)

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete