Monday, July 8, 2013

The Mary-Kay Look: Glamour Voxbox


Thanks to my amazing blogging big sis, Jennifer from Busy Being Jennifer, I got hooked into Influenster..and I got hooked HARD!

I lucked out on my first voxbox- MARY KAY! Mary Kay products have been around for as long as I can remember makeup (and the cute little pink cadillacs); however, somehow I have never used their products. This is for a combined few reasons- I think I used to think Mary Kay was for moms (NOT TRUE) and that Mary Kay was too expensive. This Voxbox has shown me that it's NOT true. Many of these products were less than what I spend now. I think I might be a new fan?
Here's a breakdown of the amazing products:

1. Mary Kay Lash Primer- $15: I have never used primer before and I am a new believer. It really helped my mascara stay on and separated/prepared my lashes for the mascara. I always feel like my mascara clumps together on my eyelashes and then I keep putting more and more on to break up my lashes (cough- unproductive).

2. Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening (I <3 Black) -$15: I really liked the shape of their mascara and how I NEVER had any clumps (this is both with and WITHOUT using the primer as an experiment). The only thing I felt was missing was the heavy volume that I get with my mascara, but I traded out the nasty mascara clumps. I have no doubts that I could find a thicker mascara from MaryKay that would provide the look I'm wanting.

3. Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick (Pink Cherie)- $18 : I'm typically not a lipstick kind of girl. I just don't necessarily love the way lipstick looks on ME, but out of the lipsticks I have tried, I like it the best? It went on really smoothly, felt like lipgloss when I rubbed my lips together and the color was GORGEOUS. Realistically, I see myself wearing this color as a lipgloss. But, if you like lipstick, I would recommend it. The lipstick case was super cute and I felt like it wouldn't melt or smush in my purse.

4.Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush- $10: I loved the eye color/concealer brush. I personally liked it for applying the eye color. The color went on smooth and evenly thanks to this brush!

5. Mary Kay Cream Eye Color (Violet Storm) -$22: Did Mary Kay know that purple is one of my wedding colors? This was such a cute shimmery purple color. It was different in that the color was not a powdery eye-color, but rather more creamy; however, I felt like it stayed on longer because of this!


Overall opinion? Affordable. Cute.

If you are interested in trying out these products, contact Samantha from Hooah & Hiccups at samanthacurtis@marykay.com! Luckily for all of us, she's both a fabulous blogger & a Mary Kay representative. She would be perfect for you to easily order through!

 photo signature_zpsd45a0dec.jpg


Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes; however, all the opinions are my own!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I gotta figure out how this influenster stuff works! I'd love to give it a try!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey missy, or should I say Mrs. H.
    I miss you in blogland and just in general I feel like I haven't talked forever. I've tagged you in a fun post on my blog, go check it out and let's get you back in the game :-)

    xo
    Laura
    www.MrsLauraBeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... this sure looks interesting. I just across your site through Laura Beth's and I thought I'd chime in. We're relatively new bloggers, but I'm checking out Influenster -- it looks awesome. Just requested an invite! Looks like we are your newest followers! I look forward to seeing more!

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete